Potholing? Seriously??

Posted: July 11, 2012 in Life in the UK

So apparently the British term for spelunking is potholing….as in pot-hole-ing. i.e, exploring potholes. Like those things that make your car go bump-bump-bump, but are not your hydraulics….



  1. I dated a “spelunker” during my undergrad, and he and all his friends (all British) called it caving. Might be a regional thing – this was in Newcastle, although he was a Southerner and his friends were from all over the place.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s